The 15th edition of ADIPEC (Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference), took place in Abu Dhabi from 11th to 14th November, 2012.
His Highness Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council officially opened the event.
Partex was well represented in the organization of the event: José Silva Pereira, Middle East Representative, was a member of the Executive Committee. Maria Teresa Ribeiro (E&P Manager) and José Lozano (Technical Manager) were members of the Technical Committees for the areas of Geoscience and Reservoir Engineering, respectively.
Partex was an ADIPEC Silver Sponsor and sponsor of the ADIPEC Museum.
Partex contributed with a number of photos and documents to the Museum, including the Red Line Agreement and a video interview with Mr. Martin Essayan, great-grandson of Mr. Calouste Gulbenkian.
In the Exhibition, Partex was presented with a stand which was visited by a large number of people, attracted by its shape and innovative light effect.
Partex also had a significant contribution to the Conference:
• Dr. António Costa Silva, Partex Chairman, was a speaker in the 1st Executive Plenary Session. His outstanding presentation was officially highly praised by letter dated 18th of November from Mr. Ali Al-Jarwan, the ADIPEC 2012 Conference Chairman, and by a number of delegates who visited Partex stand asking for copies of the presentation. The ADIPEC newspaper also gave special emphasis to his participation in the event.
• Teresa Ribeiro co-chaired the Technical Session 38.
• Tomas Mata (on behalf of ADCO) co-chaired the Technical Session 14.
• Nuno Inês, Partex Geologist, presented the “Diagenetic Diagram as a tool for Systematic Detailed Characterization of Carbonate Rocks: Application to the Diagenetic Evolution of Hydrocarbon Reservoirs”, which was highly appreciated by the attendees.
• In addition, the following posters have been presented:
Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery with Bacillus Subtilis Strains under Stimulated Reservoir Conditions, by João Coutinho
Reservoir Characterisation and Modelling of a Carbonate Reservoir C (Case study), by Mohamed Tariq
The Challenge of Developing Complex Marginal Fields, example of NE Brazil, by Sofia Castanho